Black Robes Speak!: Tomorrow, I Will Post My Analyses Of The U. S. Supreme Court's Opinions On The Child Rape Case, And Hopefully, The D. C. Gun Rights Case. Come Back!
Firefox 2
Google
 
Web Black Robes Speak!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tomorrow, I Will Post My Analyses Of The U. S. Supreme Court's Opinions On The Child Rape Case, And Hopefully, The D. C. Gun Rights Case. Come Back!

As you are well away, or should be, the U. S. Supreme Court released its opinion in the Louisiana child rape case, where the court held that a state CANNOT execute a child rapist who has not killed his victim or has acted with intent to do so.

I shall post my analysis of the ruling tomorrow morning.

Also, I expect the Court to release its opinion in the Washington, D. C. case, where the District banned the possession of hand guns, while arguing that the Second Amendments right to possess firearms, is not a personal but a state right.

I expect the Supreme Court will pour water on the District's seemingly fiery argument and hold that the right is for the individual.

I shall analyze that case once it is issued by the Court (though professional duties will keep me occupied all day tomorrow).

So come back, will ya?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home